For years, young Croats in Switzerland have shown an interest in the creation of an association of young professionals of Croatian origin in Switzerland. Although there are a number of associations for people of Croatian origin, it has proved necessary to create an association which would deal with limited topics.
By connecting young Croats from different academic or professional spheres and enabling them to cooperate with each other, CSYPA acquires a wide range of knowledge, skills, perspectives and possibilities. The goal of the association itself is diversity as well as a huge energy that young people bring to focus on the following aspects:
- Promotion of Croatian culture, sport and tourism in Switzerland;
- Work to encourage the export and promotion of Croatian products on the Swiss market and to strengthen economic cooperation;
- Work to attract foreign direct investment through the development of various projects in Croatia;
- Protection of Croatian interests in the Swiss public sphere;
- Participation in national and international forums;
- Encourage networking among all Croatian students and scientists;
- Encourage young people to stay and return to Croatia through innovative ideas and programs;
- Facilitate the overcoming of bureaucratic obstacles and the adaptation process of young professionals in their new country (both for Switzerland and for Croatia);
- Work on the development of various policy papers, professional and scientific articles that would deal with various problems faced by young people and thus contribute to potential solutions.